|1) Using a chef's knife or kitchen scissors, cut lengthwise
down the middle through the top of the lobster shell.|
2) Pinch the tail together and crack the last shell section free from the meat.
3) Lay the shell open so the meat is exposed, and pull the meat from the shell, leaving it connected at the very end of the tail. Lightly score the underside crosswise. Each cut should be about 1" apart.
4) Return the shell to the closed position and lay the meat on top of the shell. Spread the tail and break the tail muscle with your thumb to keep the tail from curling when the lobster is cooked. Score the top of the lobster meat lengthwise down each side and the center if needed.
5) For a special treat, brush the lobster meat with melted butter and sprinkle with your favorite seafood seasoning before cooking.
|1) Place lobster in a shallow pan with enough water to cover
the tail, so it does not burn while cooking.|
2) Broil until the lobster meat is opaque and firm to the touch.
Return to Recipe List